question about plan B

Has anyone taken it and does it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Health

• I have taken it. Me and my husband had a condom break shortly after my 2nd daughter was born. I don't want anymore kids, so I felt like that was the best option for me. Yes, I believe it works. It worked for me. But before you go spend $50 on it, I'll tell you this. I went to the health department about 3 days after I took Plan B and they told me that when a woman comes in wanting Plan B, they tell her to take 4 or 5 (depending on the type of pill) regular birth control pills and then, 12 hours later take 4 or 5 more. It's the same thing. They even gave me a paper with different kinds of birth control pills and how many you should take. Call your health department if you don't want to go spend that kind of money on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• oh I so know the feelin. I have a 1yr old so thats why I was wonderin! Thanx!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I took it and didn't get pregnant. At planned parenthood it was $35, but that could vary from state.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I have taken it on numerous occassions but, it was sort a "back up" to the withdrawl method when my BF said he thought he might have ejaculated in me "a little bit". So, I never got pregnant like that but, like I said we did the withdrawl, too so I don't know how much that effected it. At planned parenthood in PA (this was a few years ago) you could get it for free if you were broke as I was at the the time. At the local convenience store it's cost about $50 if memory serves me right. I didn't have any side effects or problems with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yes and yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Aug. 20, 2009