I have been having intense pain in my groin. I am going crazy! I don't know how to make it go away. I've tried everything! Help!!!

I am 37 1/2 weeks and I have been having intense pain in my groin on the left side. Its only that side. It hurts to the point I want to cry! Tylonel doesn't help any. Sleeping with a pillow between my legs doesn't help. Walking a lot makes it worse and laying down or sitting helps but doesn't make it go away. I don't know what to do. Any ideas? I can't stand to just lay around all the time but walking is killing me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your OB or MW... but basically your baby is pressing down on your cervix and it SUCKS! I had these pains too. You basically just have to get through it until you deliver. That's why the pain relievers don't work... it isn't an ache BODILY pain, it is an internal other being causing the pain! :). It;ll be over once your little one enters the world! Sorry I don't have siggestions for relief... maybe a warm bath with epsom salt... but i know for me baths were uncomforatble, and hard to get out of! Lol...
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Unfortunately the baby is probably pushing on a nerve or it is your muscles stretching. If you are able go to a chiropracter. I went to one throughout my whole pregnancy and it really helped alot,
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i got super bad groin pain out of nowhere abut a week ago and omg does it hurt. i cant walk without crying and everything to do with my legs hurts on both sides. i also got a gross bone grinding sound coming from down there at night when i move around..my ob said it will go away after the baby is here...she said it was something to so with the pubic bone
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 19, 2009