Can I enroll my child into preschool after preschool starts?

My daughter is 4 and i need to get her into preschool, however, we are moving as soon as we find a place, so I'm not sure where we will be living. That's why I havent enrolled her into a preschool yet. I had one picked out where we were living but my husband lost his job and we lost our home and had to move into my mother in laws home. Now he has found a job so we will be moving. We will not be living in the city my mother in law lives so getting her into a preschool here isnt an option. The unknown of which town we will be living in is what the problem is.
SO my question is, Can i enroll her after we move into a preschool that has already started for the year?

cudybug

Asked by cudybug at 10:29 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes, as long as there is a slot.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:32 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• yes you can. Just look for a good pre-school that has an opening.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• thanx ladies. i was starting to worry about it badly. Its bad enough i horrible that she will miss the first days and that this is something ive been looking forward to for her and i did my research and planned everything , just for it to all crash and burn. ugh

anyways thanx im feeling better about it now. atleast she wont miss preschool alltogether
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 10:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Good luck finding a preschool that still has an opening though. All the preschools in my area are completely filled and there are actually people on waiting lists in case spots open up before school starts and they don't start until Sept. 2nd
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:50 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• With universal pre-k, even if there is not an opening in your specific area, there might be an opening at another center, depending on the area.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 2:45 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• You have to call the preschool and ask them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Sure, as long as they have an opening in the class. My son is 3 1/2 and hasnt started preschool yet. I havent found one yet and I am not sure I even want him in preschool. Hes just now showing interest and potty trained completely so maybe we will find one. Some of them have started their program and some of them havent. I am looking at one just down the road but because its in a christian school, I think they might charge more. I m not looking for that. Just 3 day a week for a few hours.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009