tired of the tensions...

ok so where I live there is ALOT of racial tension between whites and African Americans and I REALLY dont understand the reasoning behind it, I always try to be very considerate and polite, just like I would to ANYONE. But today this really upset me and im just sick of trying to be nice...I was in the store and this woman and her daughter were walking through the aisle way and had the whole aisle blocked off and I couldnt get through, so I politely say excuse me, so I could get through and she gives me a very rude look, then apologized very nicely for bothering them (I dunno why I always do), then later as im down another aisle I go to leave and cant get through either end and the end closest to me is the same woman..so instead of bothering her I try to just squeeze through without having to bother her (btw im 8 months pregnant)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• and I had enough room to get through but she still feels the need to say this to her daughter "your gonna have to move because apparently Shes TOO rude to say excuse me” I just looked at her and she said this very loud to make sure I heard, I was soo shocked I was just trying not to inconvience her and I don’t understand the need to be extremely rude…I just don’t understand??? What did I do wrong! I just feel like when it comes to these types of situations I just cant win, nothing makes them happy and I don’t know what else to do!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Because obama gave them the feeling that they can do what ever the hell they want .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I got called a bitch for asking a woman to move her purse in a crowded elevator so that the door would close. I noticed that her back was to the door, and she probably didn't know her purse was in the way (these elevators won't close if something is in the way of the door) so I said could you please move your purse so the door can close. She did, and then she got off when it stoped to let people off, and called me a bitch, I was floored, I was as polite as I could be, but at the same time I needed to get to class on time, so I didn't have time to sit there and let her figure it out for herself, and then she probably would've called all of us bitches for not saying anything. I mean come on we are adults, grow up (and yes she was black and I am not).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Sweetie, sometimes you just gotta ignore the rudeness of people and just know you are doing the right thing. You cant please everyone all the time, ever, its impossible. You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time. My dad used to tell me that, I think maybe it was the only good advice he ever gave me.... Its ok, you know you were right. :)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 10:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• That's just some people.. Please don't judge us all from one bad experience. I have walked down isle shopping and have had white women stand in my way not saying a word. Not even attempting to move aside a few steps so I can get by. So color means nothing and the "Them" you are talking about some of us have manners and are respectful to people.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 10:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• This doesn't really sound like a racial issue to me. It doesn't look like race had anything to do with it.

I was on vacation recently in a town where lot's of people go so it was very touristy. Most of the tourists were white, but there was plenty of diversity. My father and husband were out on the balcony at the end of the night talking when they saw a black family come walking up the road. The father had a little kid on his shoulders and they were happy and smiling and walking back to where they were staying. A Jeep comes speeding by and as they pass this family happily enjoying their vacation they yell out "N*****s!"

That's racial tension. It was so disgusting I wanted to throw up. I felt terrible for this family, they were having a nice enough time and just enjoying the peaceful mountain town and then this! That's why there is still tension. Because there are people on both sides are still idiots.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• well this situation has happened to me numerous times where African Americans will give me rude dirty looks for saying excuse me, but this is the first time ive ever had anyone make such a rude remark
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yeah 10:45 Obama did put some peep in our step...It's called being proud, but then again some people like to keep a man down.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 10:51 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• "Because obama gave them the feeling that they can do what ever the hell they want ."

REALLY? WOW. And you wonder why you get called a racist all the time. I'm pretty sure this is a free country and they CAN do whatever they want. It's not against the law to be rude in a grocery store and it's not against the law to be rude and black at the same time.

Why don't you just go ahead all use the word "uppity," you know you want to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• LmaoOO 10:53 I bet she does.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 10:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2009