Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please????help me! Not in the mood for negativity!

How do you get a cout order to get a family member forced into rehab? I dont want to hear about how it is no good to try.....blah blah. An addict cant make a decision like that, because they cant see clearly......So I need to help them see the light!!!!!!! I know it can be done, ive seen it done. But how do you do it?????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in About CafeMom

Answers (5)
  • you call the cops and tell them they are a threat to themselves.. you know like they said they were going to kill themself and they will take them away.. we have had to do it for my brother several times... make sure there arn't any drugs in the house cause then he'll have a charge against him..

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • What will they do with them?? My dad is a SEVERE alcoholic! Has been for a long long time! I need a judge to order rehab!!!!!!!! I cant really do much for the fact that my dad has NO health insurance!!!!!!!! OMG this is driving me insane!!!!!!1

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • they will take him to a mental health facility, which is where they deal with most addicts anyway... which this was in tennessee, so different states may be different, but call the police dept and ask.. what will happen to a person if you call in saying they are a threat to themself.. they will tell you.. i hope things work out for you

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

  • My uncle was an alcoholic for 30 yrs! his wife left with His twin kids w/ another man to another state and he never saw them again and this drove him to alcoholism... he lost his job as a chef at a very fine N.Y restaurant ,and lots of bad things happened ... we knew things were getting out of hand, so we moved him to our state ,when we could not help him ourselves ,we call the authorities and ask for help, they took him to a rehab facility -not a nut house- and he stayed there for 8 mths we visited him a lot even when he was mad at us ,it's been 3 yrs and he hasn't had a drink since! THANK GOD! is not easy but we had to do it this way .now he has a loving girlfriend by his side& he is alive! PS. the state help with paying for his treatment.Good Luck! God Bless!


    Answer by annyPG at 12:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

  • Look up Al-Anon. This organization helps the family members of alcoholics. They will be your BEST resource for getting the help you need. I don't think you'll have a lot of luck getting a rehab order unless you can PROVE that dad's a danger to himself or others. A judge needs to see cause.

    Answer by gdiamante at 12:24 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.