Swelling, reason for concern, or normal?

I am 32 1/2 weeks and have really not had any issues with swelling up until a couple days ago. My feet and ankles look terrible. I am not sure if it's something to be concerned about or not though. I just went back to school last Wednesday, so I have been on my feet more (still mostly just sitting in class, but I do walk to get there, and can't really put my feet up). I am not sure if the swelling is because I am not able to just sit around with my feet up, or if it could be something else to worry about. I am drinking water like I should, and getting my feet up when I am at home, but really my feet have only been swollen a couple times before now. I will be calling my doctor to ask about it tomorrow, so I am not really looking for medical advice, just curious what you all think...

kitten_shuga

Asked by kitten_shuga at 10:40 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's totally normal, especially when you're on your feet a lot. I know it looks gross,but I wouldn't worry. My feet swelled up soooo bad with both of my pregnancies. Just try to sit with your feet up as much as possible. Good luck!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My doctor told me to try to eat more protein to help reduce the swelling, also staying away from salty foods will help, but it is normal :)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 11:49 PM on Aug. 19, 2009