The nurse said that my lump in underarm needed further tests, does anyone know what comes next?

I found a lump, knot in my underarm. I went to the doctor, and the nurse said that it needed further testing. My grandmother and her sister, both on my moms side of the family just finished fighting breast cancer in the last year. First it was my grandmothers sister, and 2 months after she finished her last treatment, my grandmother was diagnosed. My grandmother just finished her last treatment last month, and I found my lump on Sat, Aug. 15. I don't know what will happen at my doctors appt., it is Wed. Aug. 26. If anyone has any info about this subject it would really be wonderful. I am not worried, just concerned. I have 2 children and I homeschool both of them, so I don't really have a lot of time to research this myself. But it would be great to get firsthand advice from other moms who have been in this situation. The nurse told me all of the things that it was not, and then told me to try not to worry, but to be prepared.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Health

• I had a lump in my breast once. They did an ultrasound. They then wanted to stick a needle in it and draw some fluid or something. (I didn't let them though - I passed on that part.) So yeah, it's possible those steps might be next, but I don't know for sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Aug. 20, 2009