When should you stop burping a baby?

my dd just turned 6 months and im finding it harder to burp her now all of a sudden. sometimes i pat her back for what seems like forever and she doesnt burp so i just put her down. she doesnt throw up or anything so i was just wondering if its ok not to burp her and if not what age is it ok to not burp a child. (ex: 6 months, 9 months, a year)

thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well I never burped my son, he just didn't need it. Whenever they don't really need it anymore then I think it's ok. His gas always came out the other end anyways.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• im not 2 sure,im guessing hes ok,see if hes grumpy and moving his tummy side to side and fidjety ya know? we kinda stoped around 6 mo,and when she sits up now she BURPS herself lol shes got a big belly lol shes 9 mo old
    mamacita4two

Answer by mamacita4two at 11:28 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Once they burp you can stop burping them. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• OP ~ If she isn't burping for you anymore when you pat her back then she may be okay to burp on her own. My granddaughter is 6 months old and seems to have hit that stage, too, but I still like to pat her back for a little bit as long as she lets me. She's so active now that sometimes she wants to cuddle and sometimes she just wants to sit down and play. I've noticed that I don't get a burp out of her much anymore when I pat her back, so I guess it is just a habit now, but I guess I just want to make sure - did I say that right? LOL....I have a hard time saying what I'm thinking.
    Anyhow, if you feel better patting her back for a little while, and she lets you, then go ahead and do so for as long as you want. But if she isn't burping for you anymore then you don't really need ot worry about it. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2009