my so called friend turned us into cps any advice from those who been in this situation?

my husband was rough housing my oldest who is 6 and accidentally scratched him.my dh and i were having a disagreement and my 6yr stepped in and told my dh to be quiet and thats when thay started rough housing, mind my 6yr was laughing the whole time they were wrestling around. and cps is doing investigation and the cps worker said there are red flags cause my oldest is (the 6yr) is protective over me and well females in general she said thats caused by long term abuse..im like what the hell? we raising our kids to not hit women and to protect them...maybe we were wrong for doing that. i dont want to lose my kids over some stupid misunderstanding...im so frustrated and scared ....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• i went through this with a neighbor that didn't like me because of my race. all you can do is prove your innocence. it's going to be the hardest thing you will ever go through. it's been 2 years since my ordeal and i still have not gotten over it.
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 2:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Well I dont know first hand, but it depends on the state laws. I have a couple of friends that had a couple of run ins with cps and they want to do a house visit, asked the kids questions, and if further action is needed, its usually like parenting actions. All assuming that the children ARE not being neglected or exposed to abuse etc. etc.
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• if they cant prove anything. ur house is clean the kid has no more then that scratch and theres food in the house dont worrry. my dad told CPS he beats us and locks us in the closet lol they didnt do anything. ( and no he didnt do that to us)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• sounds fishy on your half.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• whatever...cps never does a damn thing to prevent anything bad from happening...so until a kid is raped or beaten to near death i think ur in the clear...ive called cps many times on two of the same ppl and nothing was done...one of our neighbors in out old apartment complex let their 8 year old smoke pot with them...and another neighbor would slam DD and DS into the wall by their hair and even knock the hell out of em outside the apartment...nothing done...both houses were disgusting btw...i spank my kids and all, but that was too much...so whatever...nothing will be done to prevent a child from being harmed...the harm has to be done before any action is taken sadly
    Micahbabysmommy

Answer by Micahbabysmommy at 12:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• sounds fishy on your half.

I agree with this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I agree, does seem fishy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• How did your friend find out about the rough-housing?

If there are no signs of abuse, then there's nothing to worry about. But, it sounds like your son is protecting YOU from your husband. Be honest: does he hit you? Does he hit you in front of your son? If so, you need to get out of there and get into a women's shelter, before cps DOES take your child from you. And they will, if they believe your husband is abusive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• With friends like that, you dont need any enemies.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 12:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• NO kidding- that doesn't sound like you want that person for a friend!
    comomof4

Answer by comomof4 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2009