i have a 9 year old daughter and i

i need to tell her about periods how can i tell her

Asked by aprilrendon at 12:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• the book,,thank god it is me Margaret form Judy helps!!!!! my daughter was 10,,,,i had her read at 9 years of age

Answer by cameron536 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Just tell her honestly, tell her about our anatomy, that our bodies prepare for babies each month and if there are no babies made then it sheds the lining so we can make a new one next month. Just explain to her that there are tampons and pads to help, and that keeping clean is important.

Answer by sapient at 12:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I gave my daughter a book by American Girls that explained alot. I believe its called "The Care and Keeping of Your Body" I had her read it and then asked her if she had any questions. She didnt..... Whew!! No, just kidding, I was actually hoping she had questions so that it would bring up the conversation...Anyway, it is a great book for girls of this age.

Answer by notsoaveragemom at 5:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Be honest with her, i've had that talk with my 9 year old and 7 year old. My 9 year old is more mature than my 7 year old so I had to make sure they understand that this was one of those talks that they do not go to school and tell everyone, it's a private comversation. I just told them and they were o.k. and asked when do they get theirs & I just told them that every girl is different. As long as you are honest and answer her questions, it'll be o.k.

Answer by brandiromero at 6:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Just tell her. Tell her about puberty, how her body is maturing and turning into a woman, what to expect such as periods, breasts, etc. Just tell her it is all natural and normal and then keep the lines of communication well open.

Answer by Krowla at 7:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2008