At what age did you child switch from 2 naps a day to only 1?

And how did you transition them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• My daughter was around 10 months when she went to 1 nap. It was her doing I had nothing to do with it. She just decided she was only going to take a late morning nap. I didnt have to transition her at all.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• my DD is 8 1/2 months and only takes 1 nap a day sometimes 2 rarity though
    onehotmama2lil1

Answer by onehotmama2lil1 at 11:17 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Probably around 1 or so. My daughter is 2 now and takes one long nap in the afternoon. Like about an hour or so. Sometimes she skips her nap. And goes to be a little earlier. Really I dont force her on naps never had. If shes tired I let her sleep. If I put her down for a nap and all shes does in play in her room I just get her out of her room or let her continue to play
    andrea_smkns

Answer by andrea_smkns at 11:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My dd she likes to sleep, she is 17 months and is finally starting to go down for just 1 nap a day she still sometimes wants 2 but they are becoming less and less.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Age 2 when he started daycare. The routine got him on only one a day.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• My oldest was four and my youngest was three, both years old that is. They played with lots of energy and had a small mid morning nap and played so energeticly that they took a mid afternoon nap and were still ready for bed by 7 pm and slept all night.
    By five the naps ere finished. They are now 12 and 9. They opnly take a nap if they are getting sick.
    mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I have had 2 kids that were done with 2 naps a day by 6 months old, 2 kids that were around 1, and one child that was well over 1 year. Depends on the kid.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My 13 month old is taking 2 naps, but she's showing signs of only needing one nap. The only way to transition them is to just do it. Give the child one long afternoon nap (like noon-3pm), if they'll sleep that long. Keep them busy when they are awake. The child may get a "glassy stare" while they are getting used to only one nap a day, but they will adjust within a week or so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• around 11 months She did it herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Aug. 20, 2009