So Obama is all 'DRILL BABY DRILLLLLLL...in Brazil'?

Here is a snippet cut and paste for the whole story.

Obama Underwrites Offshore Drilling

You read that headline correctly. Unfortunately, the Obama Administration is financing oil exploration off Brazil.

The U.S. is going to lend billions of dollars to Brazil's state-owned oil company, Petrobras, to finance exploration of the huge offshore discovery in Brazil's Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro. Brazil's planning minister confirmed that White House National Security Adviser James Jones met this month with Brazilian officials to talk about the loan.

No drilling allowed here but we can offer up 2 billion to Brazil (so they will like Obama)

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203863204574346610120524166.html

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 11:16 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yet ANOTHER *facepalm*!

Ive been having many of those today...
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Whats that sound...oh yes chriping crickets
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• wait for it......the moey goes to a company that Soros JUST invested heavily in a few months ago....YEAH...how's that change feelin'. It was really good of Obama to pay back his buddy :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Yawn. DIdn't you gank this from another earlier post? As in, the exact same post????

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/274993/I_guess_I_am_not_surprised_Did_you_see_this

Your repetiveness is funny.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 11:23 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Really, I thought the silence from the left was sort of funny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Since you are all cut and paste tonight, I will play along and copy my answer from the first post.

LiliM
    I think you will see the "libs" protesting this. The ExIm bank, who is handling this loan, just settled a suit by FOE and other enviro NGOs in Feb this year regarding their lending practices in relation to oil/fossil fuel cos. It was the end of a 7 yr suit.

I personally think that if we are lending money, it needs to stay in country, and cannot find a good reason for why this is a good risk for us. As well, if we are going to drill, do it here, and quit buying Saudi oil. I do not think any pres can get away from the spectre of oil.

I would like to see the reasoning behind this and not just the release of a prelim agreement announcement.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 11:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• anon :24, how does funding oil drilling in OTHER COUNTRIES help us be independent from foreign oil? Why are we funding something like this in other countries instead of our own, you know, so we wouldn't need to buy from those evil middle eastern countries?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Or from Brazil.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:27 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• 11:24 ewww leave me out of your fantasies please
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• someone who can only type it as anon :p
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:37 PM on Aug. 19, 2009