do any of you go through too?

my husband never listens to me when I say something but when other people say the same thing to him that I just told him he agrees with them. I can'tr deal with this anymore . I feel that I have to make him choose either listen to me or pack your bags and go. since he rather listen to other people than me.

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 11:18 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• This is where you get clever and have someone else tell him "for you". Then you can smile wisely and go... "hmmmm I guess that might work".
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 1:08 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• UUUGGH Yes my husband and I fight about this all the time. I will tell him something but until someone else tells him. Or until I show him or really if he hears it anywhere else Hes like wow really?
    I dont think its worth leaving over. I would just talk to him about it. And tell him its really bothering you. But I think if you nag about it too much then maybe hes less likely to "hear" you. So I think calmly with no TV around you need to say hey listen, I feel like you dont respect what I say nor listen to me. I need you to start to because I feel like you care about other people more when you do _____ ( fill in the blank) tell him exactly how you feel and give an example. Men can be so Oblivious sometimes
    andrea_smkns

Answer by andrea_smkns at 11:22 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Girl they all do this, what gets to me is when I will tell him something, a date or time of an appt. And the next damn thing he will ask me is, what time is dd appt tomorrow or where is the wedding? I want to smack his ass, I usually ignore him.
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I don't think he would RATHER listen to other people instead of you. I just think it's a guy thing. My DH does it too and it drives me INSANE! I could tell him something till I'm blue in the face and even back it up with printed research and he STILL will not believe me. But, when one of his buddies says the same thing to him, he'll listen to them. I don't get it! Please do not leave your husband over this. I realize how unimportant you feel over this, but, I promise, you're not alone. He's just being a guy. Talk to him about your feelings...and do it when there's NO distractions. Maybe at night after the kids go to bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Sweetie it is not worth ending your marriage over - Marriage is hardwork, who lied to you and said that it was going to be easy??? Yes, men do this, some worse than others - let it go for a little bit and reapproach him in a better/different manner......try that - but be careful about making choices as to ending your marriage.
    AUniqueMom

Answer by AUniqueMom at 1:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• my ex fiance use to do this all the time... that and some other things that made it very noticeable that he was putting me on the back burner.. I don't know why they do it but... its frustrating.. like what you think don't matter... Unfortunately for me it lead to us calling it quits cuz not too long after that i realized he lost interest in me and wasnt concerned about i how i felt about anythnihg... hopefully your situation turns out better,,, I really dont even know how to tell you to approach him on it ciz he will most likely deny it or think you trying to start something... hopefully your guy is alittle more open minded and mature....

good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• My husband does this with a twist, I will say something, he seems like he is not listening and then he uses one of my quotes in a conversation with someone else like it is his original thought. In the scheme of things, not a huge deal, but annoying just the same!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2009