anyone please!

Has anyone here had severe acne i mean bad since they were teens and as adults ? What have you done to either help it calm or to get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• No but you may want to go see a dermatologist. Most over the counter stuff is for small breakouts. You need something more severe it sounds like. Cetaphil ( not sure if I spelled it right) is some really good soap/lotion. Try washing your face with that stuff. they sell it at walmart,target, etc. Its a little pricey but My dermatologist recommend it too me when I had dry or oily skin before. And I would make an appt with a dermo.
    andrea_smkns

Answer by andrea_smkns at 11:25 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:45 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I have severe acne as well, and have had it for years. a good thing that i have found to at least calm down your redness and swelling, and it sounds weird, but hemmorid cream. Put it on before you go to bed, and wash it off the next morning. it shrinks your pores and greatly helps redness. but other than that im still looking for a great treatment as well!! lol
    MPatterson0607

Answer by MPatterson0607 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I get a clearskin kit through avon.
    Its the first thing that doesn't DRY out my skin but it makes it all nice and smooth.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 7:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I've had acne since grade seven and I'd still have it now (I'm in my twenties) were it not for Accutane. Anti-biotics or birth control worked for me too. The good thing about Accutane is that you only need one to two 6 month treatments to keep it away forever and then after that you can get laser treatment to get rid of the scars.

FluffyPinkBeyatch.wordpress.com
    FluffyPink

Answer by FluffyPink at 9:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I've had acne my whole life! The first thing that has worked it the Avon Clearskin Professionals kit from Avon. My skin is looking great now and has been for months since I started using it. You can try it on my site www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:09 AM on Aug. 22, 2009