Repeating a question from earlier...

Do they sell infant eye drops over the counter? My son has very bad allergies and it makes his eyes goup green nasty stuff all the time. Just wondering?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know. I've never seen anything on the shelves, but then again, I wasn't looking either. Ask your doctor or you can ask the pharmacist at the store.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:36 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• NOpe sure dont.. try allergy meds for kids and give him a TINY amount
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• Call the pediatrician tomorrow morning as soon as they open. That way you won't risk giving anything you shouldn't. Even over the counter medicine should be checked through your ped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It depends on the age. if he is an infant, childrens meds are a BIG NO NO......he should only have infant meds unless prescribed by the ped. Definitely call his doc and ask. Better to be safe than sorry, he may be able to have regular eye drops. My doc advised me to use regulaer water or visine for my dd who had gotten something in her eye. GL.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• you can use regular saline drops to clear the goop. ask your pediatrician for a recommendation.
    pretty_menace

Answer by pretty_menace at 1:47 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• no. And it's probably not allergies, it more likely clogged tear ducts. Which is pretty common, where allergies, at least eye allergies, would be very uncommon in a baby.
    My son had a clogged duct and his eye would always get green and goopy... it didn't clear up until he was about 10 months old. The doctor said if by a year he still had problems they would do surgery.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:04 AM on Aug. 20, 2009