Why do moms

feel the need to judge what others mom do based on what they would or wouldn't do in situations?

Or why do mom's make up absurd stories of something that happened to their cousins, brothers, best friend's, uncles, stepsisters, moms child to try and prove a point of why something is bad or wrong? If you wouldn't do it then ok, good for you but don't sit here and try to convince someone else that their kid is going to die or something incredibly rare is going to happen to them because they choose to do something that you don't like. There are risks in EVERYTHING you do with your child, hell having a child is a risk if you are going to bring up every little thing that could happen as an argument, just don't even bother.

KalebsMommee

Asked by KalebsMommee at 11:44 PM on Aug. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• its not just mom its just about everyone!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• This was directed towards mom's.. that's mainly why I called out the moms on here that do this
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:47 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• The only thing I judge other moms on is drinking alcohol while pregnant, I work with special needs kids including those with FASD. I will never believe that it is acceptable at any point during pregnancy to knowingly risk your child's health by drinking alcohol. Other than that, I do have my ideas of what is best for my kids, but I also know that what's best for me and my family is not what is best for every mom and her family. For example I believe that bf'ing is the best choice in most cases, but if a mom ff's I really don't care and I don't judge her as a mom based on that one choice. But I will always be judgemental of moms who choose to drink alcohol while pregnant. Everyone has their issue that they feel very strongly about and that's mine, I will always speak out against it, especially if a mom asks a question about it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• I'm not talking about obviously harmful things (drinking, drugs, etc etc) i'm talking about FF vs BF, co-sleeping or giving a small baby cereal in their bottle or a baby sleeping on their back vs stomach.. Things like that
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:55 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• i agree with canadianmom. if you drink in your pregnancy, your an idiot.
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 11:58 PM on Aug. 19, 2009

• moms say things about other moms to make themselves feel better because they didnt get hugged enough as a kid or something...i personally dont care as long you use damn common sense (drinking during pregnancy is not using common sense btw)...lol
    Micahbabysmommy

Answer by Micahbabysmommy at 12:05 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Why do you assume they are making something up? Many have experienced a lot. They share it to be helpful. I personally don't seems pointless since people are going to do what they want to do. We all judge you are judging with this post.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I believe many of these "horror stories" are made up. They are just too stupid to be true. Like the one where the mom lives in a $400,000 house but can't pay her water bill, so she and her kids take baths at friends' homes. And all the ones about the "evil" birth mom who only gives the kids cookies for breakfast and sits at home collecting child support. Anything to make her look bad. You drama queens need to grow the heck up. Find a hobby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• cause they have nothing else better to do.....those gabbing stories and advice about parenthood probably werent asked in the first place.....you just smile and nod to be polite and not start a useless fight that would be a waste of time. you know what kind of mom you are and how good you are. and unless asked you wont talk about it...
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 1:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yes, true. Some ppl really do need to grow up and just be a damn parent and stop creating drama and posting drama/attention getting questions/journals. I stick with the truth. Some ppl just can't handle it. I have no need to draw that kind of attention my way. Tho there are some women on here who crave it. It's like their version of "support" when they post bashing nonsense and then expect everyone out there to agree with them. I call them "Munchhausen Moms". LMFAO.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 20, 2009