baby food a forgotten trait?

my DD is 8 months old and doesn't always eat solids daily mostly bottles, she doesn't seem 2 keen on solids.. well anyway if she doesn't have em daily will she forget how to eat them and reject them more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont think so> My DD is also 8 months. She went thru a couple weeks where she rejected them, but them went right back to it. Once they learn how to eat solids...they wont forget, it's like riding a bike.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• solids like stuff she has to chew up, or solids like massed peas and stuff like that?

oh, and as far as baby food goes, I remember as soon as my baby sister had applesauce she didnt care for anything that wasnt fruit, so you may have a picky eater
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• By that age, she should be having 1-2 meals a day of baby food or even really soft table foods like mashed bananas or mashed potatoes because it gives her more nutrients that she needs, at least that is how my kids pediatricians always explained things to me. Try different things, I am sure you will find one that she likes at least. They typically like bananas, sweet potatoes, squahs, things like that.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:19 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Hahaha! Your such a goofball! I mean that in a very loving way! No, she will not forget. She may just not be interested yet. If it was me I would quit feeding her solids until she asks for them. You'll know when she's ready, she will not be shy about it. For now sit her on your lap or in the highchair next to you everytime you eat. This will pique her curiosity faster than you poking something she's not too sure about at her face. When she starts grabing your fork & screaming at you, give her solids then.
    carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i've heard that babies don't need anything except formula for their first year of life, but my son is 7months old and eats 3 meals a day and bottles inbetween.
    i would try introducing her to solids now, because if she gets older she might reject them even harder.
    does she eat any baby cereal? if so, try mixing in the baby food (bananas, applesauce, etc.) and she accepts it, then try mixing in a little cereal with the food to thicken it, and eventually the fruit itself.
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 12:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• at eight months, your baby really should be having at least one meal of solids a day. if she doesn't seem impressed with baby food purees, try soft finger foods, like gerbers puffs, or hard teething biscuits or zwieback toast. you want her to get used to different flavors and textures so that she'll be open to a wider variety of foods as she gets older. and developmentally, solids really helps promote fine and gross motor skills.
    pretty_menace

Answer by pretty_menace at 1:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• my 8 month old wont eat baby food, she eats everything off my plate idunno if thats good or bad. she has almost 8 teeth so she can chew. i think she doesnt like the mushyness of it, but she doesnt eat solid food everyday sometimes she just wants her bottles.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 2:01 AM on Aug. 20, 2009