im 18 weeks pregant and always hungry

im 18 weeks and always hungry i eat and eat but mostly chez nips or anything that i dont have to cook but i also get hungry around 230 am or so but my granny tells me that if i eat so late then my baby will eat that late when it gets out what should i do should i eat or should i not

brittanymomma

Asked by brittanymomma at 12:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its all normal! dont worry about it because its the baby thats hungry and babies wake up at all times during the night and are hungry my son would wake up ever 3 to 4 hours throughout the night to eat!! and i ate all of the time when i was pregnant infact you never saw me without food!! i was always hungry... i say dont worry about it and that its normal to be hungry ur not just feeding ur self ur feeding urself and the baby!!! thats normal to me to be hungry at odd hours...
    RomeoButtlerMOM

Answer by RomeoButtlerMOM at 12:35 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I am 19 weeks, and always hungry. sounds like a common thing. I wouldn't worry about eating at 230 am, the baby will anyway. Just don't have anything with caffeine or a lot of sugar, it will keep you up. Also, if you eat protein throughout the day it should help a lot with being hungry so often. your body uses protein slower than carbs.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Eat whenever your body tells you to. However, eating "empty calories" like Cheese Nips and other non-nutritional snacks will hold you over only for a short amount of time. You need to eat nutritious foods most of the time. Even if you don't feel like cooking, there are plenty of quick foods to eat, even as a snack such as carrots, an apple, yogurt, granola, nuts, etc. I hope you're at least eating small, nutritional meals throughout the day and not only the Cheese Nips and other snacky foods.
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 1:27 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Eat when you are hungry. And stop the cheez nipping. Empty calories, lots of salt, and it isn't filling.

Go for bananas, apples, berries, and other easy to eat fruits. Have veggies and dip if you like. If you don't want to cut them, the store has them all pre-cut and ready to go. Peanut butter and nuts. Pasta is easy to fix and doesn't require that much effort. Frozen veggies etc. Eat real food, get lots of fiber, and you'll feel better.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• its normal to be hungry all the time and eat all the time.. just make sure your doing healthy snacks and not over eating.. cause all that junk food and over eating adds up and makes it harder to loose after baby is born.. trust me..
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2009