How do you treat your worker-for those on pa?

My husband and I are on PA here in CA. We have a great worker and we (all three) are working to get dh and I off PA. Today I had an appointment and in the next office I could hear a client giving his worker all kinds of trouble. I'm not talking about standing up for what's right when they mess up but just plain rudeness. I can't imagine treating my worker this way. Even when I have had problems with past workers I neve got rude or vulger. So those of you on PA have you thought about how you treat that worker? They are often overworked and underappreciated. So lets not turn this into a bashing session, but lets talk about what is acceptable and not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was a case manager for the Choices Program which is a mandated job search monitoring program for persons on PA. When I had clients like you guys, I went ALL OUT to help them. I'm not saying that I could qualify them for things they didn't qualify for - but it is true in case management that if you can articulate why you believe the client should be given an extension or whatever - then you could help your client a lot. It was the people who were obviously milking the system or was rude or hard to work with who didn't get the articulation of extension.
    You are the very example of people that I believe the program was set up for - and nothing angered me more than to see good, hardworking people get thrown into the "rules game" because of a bad apple or monitor.
    You are the clients I miss - but I don't miss the bureaucracy, constant rule changes, audits, long hours or stress. LOL
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:04 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I love my worker....she is awesome. We live rurally and when she has important stuff I need to fill out or sign, she'll drive the thirty minutes to my work to have me sign stuff so I don't have to make extra trips into town....she's just really great.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• PaceMyself,
    I bet you don't. Our worker was considering leaving because of those hastles. She was able to move into a different area, which is work experience. She takes people who have no or little experience but want to work and places them with agencies that are willing to train them and hopefully employ them at the end. She gets more clients that are trying to get off the system and just need the help to do so.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:02 PM on Aug. 22, 2009