im 25 and pregant with people talkin like its a bad thing

for all you soon to be moms or already moms do you have a bunch of people telling you all this bull stuff of why you shouldnt be pregant if so what did you do about im telling people off but they just wont stop and words do hurt

brittanymomma

Asked by brittanymomma at 1:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that's bs. I would be pissed if someone was telling me stuff like that. why shouldn't you be a mom at 25?
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• im in that situation, just ignore them i know its hard...but its ur life and just know that ur going to be the best mother possible to ur baby! screw them theyre just jealous that theyre all dried up and cant have kids! good luck
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 1:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• the only person who did that was my estranged dad. ugh...i just told him to stfu and if my pregnancy was such a bad thing then to make like he did before and leave.

but he wants to be a grandpa even though he wasnt much of a dad so he shut his mouth and respected my decision, uggghhhh
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• why would they tell you that you shouldnt be pregnant?
    its none of their business and as soon as you become a mommy you'll complely forget about them.
    when i became pregnany (at 20) i was unmarried and wanted to become comfortable with a church to raise my son in.. but soon i realized that i didnt fit in with the adults or peers my age.. and when we went to functions, i noticed a LOT of people peering at my hands for a ring. and that was it for me.
    no one really knows your situation.. and you gotta take the good with the bad and as a mommy, i had to learn to smile&nod, and rant and rave later! lol! its just better in the long run. plus, you're growing a little bitty miracle, its a blessing, and i wouldnt want to harbor any stress or bad feelings against anyone, regardless.
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 1:24 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i was even in college, had an awesome job, etc.. and people talked.. it bothered me too - but i know i was making the right decisions for my family and it really doesnt matter what they say.. youll be so hopped up on mommy and new baby endorphines, nothing anyone says will hurt u!
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 1:27 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I think 25 is an ideal time to have kids. But, it also depends on many other things too. Such as your job, fiances, if you have degree or are still in school..things like that.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Let it go into one year and out the other, there is always someone out there that has something rude to say.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Something tells me you're not sharing your whole situation or circumstances besides being only 25. "People" don't just harp on someone being pregnant at 25 if there aren't other concerns involved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Just look at them and laugh and say thank you for your kind thoughts. Now I know to cross you off the "Donate to the college fundraiser party" list...

If it's a man, say, oh, and I was so hoping that you would step up and be the baby dad...

It it's a woman, say, I'm sorry that my pg is such a blatant sign that I'm having sex, when, from your attitude, you most definitely aren't, but I don't think you should take your hostility or frustrations out on me...

Say them all with a look of scorn and amazement that they even commented, then, once you say it, then say, now, if you excuse me.... and walk away.

Or, if you didn't want to be so obnoxious, you can look at them and say "Wow - I didn't realize that the reproductive choices that 2 adults make were a matter of public debate. Please do be sure to tell me next time you choose to have sex or procreate, so I can be sure to cast my vote on the issue... Then walk off.

gl!!!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• anon - that's not always true. I was younger than 25 when I had my kids, but I was in the military, so was my dh, and we were self supporting adults on our own who didn't then, nor have we since (and our kids are now both teens in high school) ask anyone to help us take care of them, babysit them (other than sitters we hired or friends we swapped off with for babysitting duties), nor did we ask for or get any financial assistance from anyone, including gov't aid. (Unless you count the paychecks we earned and that my dh still earns as "military as aid")

Some people are just rude and nosy and want to run people's lives. Plus, I know my mom wasn't thrilled "she was too young to be a grandma" as she put it... (btw - I was older than she was when she had me...)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2009