Why should I buy a MAC?

Im thinking of buying a MAC computer just because I dont have one, but I was wondering are the programs preinstalled on the computer already or do you have to purchase them seperate? Are the programs better than what windows offer or is it just apples version? Also, why do they cost so much, I think i saw they start off at $900 but I dont mind paying that if it is worth it. What do yall think?

BrittanyD07

Asked by BrittanyD07 at 1:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Shopping

• I think Dell's and Toshiba's are much better.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:34 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Well my hubby has 2 dells, and I have a gateway and a sony. The are all laptops but Im thinking of getting the desktop.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I wouldnt buy a mac, i mean they are a great computer if u buy the ones that are $2000 and up. but windows offers more pre installed programs. the only thing that mac has better is art programs for pictures but u can get a free download and put it on ur windows one..

today they r no diffrence bettween mac and windows same programs and software
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i would go with sony or acer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Thats the reason I want a MAC is cause I kinda knew that had better art programs. I want to learn how to work on pictures and stuff, but I will look into the free programs for my computer.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• if u want those programs just do a google search, first put safari on ur computer, then do another googles search for free apple downloads
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yea I will. Arent the graphics better tho on apple?
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:46 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• We have an apple and we've been an apple family for 6yrs now and wouldn't dream of buying another computer. Hubby loves it and I love it as well (and that's saying alot cuz I hate all computers). Not to mention I get an educational discount because I work for the government.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• If you do graphic design, or are some other type of design professional, then a MAC is worth the investment. I am typing this on my 6 year old Dell desktop (that I had to rebuild this past winter).

Answer by rkoloms at 10:12 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Dell is really gonna be your best bet. You can go to the website and build exactly what you want software and all. MACs are nothing but a waste of money! Any programs you by chances are won't be automatically compatable with one and you will spend way more money on them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2009