my husbands some what of a father

ok my hubbys dad hates the ground i walk on he hates the fact that im not that skinny and im not rich with his son swiming in in money for me to give him.this man even tryed to get him to stand me up at the alter asked him what would it take to get him out but when we found out i was pregant he did the unthinkable he called me at 3 in the morning asking me who the real father is knowing i would never cheat on his son his mothers family knows that for a fact but jamie wount stand up to him cause he had to go 13 years with out him but he knows he is the father im in a small town and everyone knows him so why is his father so mean to me ive tryed every way in the world to get that man to like me like pay for his sons bills cause he wont help him

brittanymomma

Asked by brittanymomma at 1:38 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that really sucks..
    hopefully he sucks it up when he realizes youre the right one for him.
    my SO's family was like that at one time, but once they saw the birth of our child, they did a 180.
    if u havent done anything wrong, theres no reason for him to act like that. maybe hes super-protective of his son, worried about him grown up, not ready to let him do it.
    a little jealous i guess.
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 1:43 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Why would you pay for his bills? He's a big boy and can do it himself. He probably just feels you aren't good enough for him-not saying that you aren't but that seems to be how he feels. I don't think you'll ever change his mind. And why would you want to be with someone who won't stand up for you?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:44 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• people who have never gone through this will never understand so their answers are kind of hateful i think, my husbands father and i don't get along at all either, and maybe its the other way around for me i can't stand him and i never will be able to stand him he makes my skin crawl for good reason, you know what i think if your husbands father don't like you, who cares, he's the one thats going to miss out because he's childish and can't get over the fact that he's not in control over the situation, all you can do is try and you say you have done that stop wasting your energy on the man who hates you, focus on other things that matter, like the new baby that is coming, good luck
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2009