Does your child having diaper rash make you a bad parent?

because they dont change their diaper often enough?

my brother told me i need to change them more often. I thought i was changing them pretty often! hahaha wait til he has kids.

FYI i change them EVERY TIME they are wet.

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 1:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have 3 kids and both my younger kids' skin is sesitive to things like this. Try a different brand of diapers, if that doesn't work then change the wipes you use. My youngest, who is almost 1, can't use the cheapy brand diapers NOR cheapy wipes. Both have to be Pampers. And when she does have a rash I use Gold Bonds Baby Powder. It's the only powder, so far, that works for her. I had tried several different brands of baby powder and Gold Bonds is the only one that has worked. Sorry that was so long, but rashes are one thing I've had a problem with with other people. NO, you are not a bad mommy just b/c your baby has a rash. All babies react differently, lol. Oh, another thing. If your baby is old enough to drink juice, they may be getting too much juice. My kids' pediatrician says it's the sugar in the juice that can cause a rash, if drinking too much. I suggest only using in the juice in their cereal. Hope I helped!
    CraftyMama86

Answer by CraftyMama86 at 4:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• No, some babies are just more sensitive than others.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• no you are not a bad parent. because if you are, then i am because mine has a rash right now! lol.... but i understand the feeling of guilt. as long as you take steps to fix the problem and relieve her poor bottom and make sure you change her often enough, it should be fine......some babies just have sensitive skin!
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 1:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• honey may help, it is good for burns takes the ouch away!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Manuka honey is really a antiinfective as well
    also diluted tee tree oil/olive oil
    is good for infections if she ever got one one her skin
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:01 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• no it doesnt make you a bad parent at all.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:04 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• No, a baby can be allergic to a certain diaper or wipe. Not changing a baby enough is not the only cause of a diaper rash
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:05 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• exactly my daughter had red raw baby butt when she was a newborn turned out to be the wipes.
    extra sensitive and dry skin, apply petroleum jelly it is great for this and use plain wipes with no fragrance mildest you can or a washcloth soap and water?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Your not a bad mommie and i agree ("wait till he has kids") use no fragrance wipes try that for a week or two and if that doesn't work then change the diapers you are useing. When you change her allow her bottom to air dry before you put the diaper back on. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• some are more sensitive, and need creams, but you should prob take them to the dr to see if you need something stronger than the regular diaper cream medicine. I know someone who if their kids are poopy or wet, but they are asleep for the night, she wont change the diaper for fear of waking them, then wonders why he always has a diaper rash, that is a bad parent.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2009