What is a vaginal delivery like?

Dumb question. I didn't experience that. What is it like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wish I knew................... :(
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:56 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I guess that would depend on who you ask. I pushed ten minutes, only tore slightly, felt pretty much fine after the fact...and it didn't hurt when the baby's head emerged since it paled in comparison to the contractions. So mine seemed a lot easier compared to my friends with c sections because I was just...normal after and was feeling good being un-pregnant. But then again, I know others who pushed for two hours and were pretty much beat. I can't only describe it as trying to take a giant poo...and the harder you push the less you feel the contraction so you get motivated real quick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Hey, Bridget, it's the OP. I've decided to blow my cover. I feel the same way you do.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I had an emergency c section with my first, and a v-bac with my second. In both cases, it was painful. The v-bac hurt worse while it was happening, the c-section took longer to recover from / hurt longer during the recovery.

In both cases, there was a lot of pain and stress, and in both cases, it was so worth it, because it was how I got my beautiful child.

Contrary to what some people might say, both methods "count" as a birth experience, and both make you just as much a mom as the other one does. So if you had a c-section, try not to worry about what you didn't experience, and focus instead on what you did experience, and what you continue to get to experience - the miracle that is your new baby :-)

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:01 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

I feel robbed of the most beautiful experience of my life, but.................hey............we have healthy children
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• cont

btw - I have more clear memories of holding my 1st right away than I do my 2nd, because of how exhausted and the amount of pain and some complications that were there with the labor. I don't regret my choices that were made with their births, but I do wish I had been in less of a pain and exhaustion induced fog when I held her for the first time. I remember his very clearly, her's I remember almost like it was half a dream / I was in a haze. (No, it wasn't the meds - in fact, that could have been part of the problem...)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Please don't get me wrong, I felt like I had "failed at childbirth" when I had to have my c-section. Like, thousands of women do this all the time, and I couldn't manage it.

But part of that was because my hormones were still out of whack. Also, what was left of that feeling went away after my v-bac - NOT because I felt like I had finally accomplished it or anything, but because I realized that either way, I still ended up with my beautiful new baby, and I was still their Mom, and I still loved them, and I had still held them under my heart and shaped them inside me for 9 months, regardless of how they got out of me. Either way, I was their mom and they were my baby, and it was a miracle.

Does that make sense?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:08 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• INTENSE.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 2:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• feels like the biggest poop of your life lol except it turns out to be really cute and hungry every 2 to 4hours. it hurt im not gunna lie but i wouldnt scream bc of it, its something that you know you have to do and your body does its thing reguardless of the pain. its all worth it!
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 3:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Mine wasn't too bad. It went quick. I hurt afterwards while healing, but I've been told you heal alot faster with a vaginal birth. Yah, and it does feel like you're pooping when it's time to push, but that was the best advice I got because I knew exactly what to do and only pushed like 3 times and she was out.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 3:31 AM on Aug. 20, 2009