Amnesia/Sexual Assault - Update on Prev (?)

My OP:

If you've ever been sexually assaulted... or know about symptoms

...wondering what the physical symptoms/aftereffects are of being raped vaginally AND anally? These are symptoms I've had: rectal discomfort/sharp pains; occasional abdominal pain; skipped monthly, then had one very light but 6 weeks late; rectal blood-tinged mucus discharge w/ foul smell

...and wondering if this is from the assault or might be another physical issue that was pre-existing. Prev cond, pre-existing for almost a year: IBS-type symptoms (eat, cramps, run to bathrm!); also diagnosed w/ ulcers and hiatle hernia at age 14 (age 37 now)

Scheduled for CT scans and colonoscopy this week and next along w/ bloodwork, so no worries about that. Just hard to know what symptoms are from what and how much to tell doc (about assault/safety issue).

Sorry for TMI/gross descript. Thanks for any help!

(Update below)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Health

• To those who answered my (?) when I 1st posted - TYVM for your help & caring! I did see docs & also tlkd 2 the nurse practitioner and she helped confirm that my phys symptoms were consistent w/ having been sexually assaulted. Most of the phys issues are resolved except for the pre-existing issues (hernia and ulcers) and these events complicated those a bit (STRESS). As a result or the tests, we did find severe inflammation of the stomach lining and upper GI, as well as bleeding in the upper GI. Rectal bleeding being bright red had to be "local" and not from higher up.

Just thought I'd write in an update.

PS - reason for the (?) was mostly b/c I couldn't (still can't) remember the actual incident. Found out due to phys pain/symptoms and discovery of yucky pics on my cell phone taken by someone (of me) at the time of the assault.

Guess that's enough, huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i am so sorry this happened to you
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 10:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• besides the physical you have to think about the mental. the more time goes on the more your going to remember.i was rapped and ive had panic and anxiety disorder for 20 yrs.i am a little paranoid,.i have also been in therapy...i am so sorry for you and what happened it know its an awful thing that you probly will never get over.be strong though we have to stick together.i didnt see your first post but i would like to read it..there is a good web site called rainn.its all about sexual abuse.pm me if you would like to talk ive had many yrs of therapy on this so i am pretty good and could probly council people ...
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 10:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Thanks, ladies. Have had some things come to light just last night & this morning. Hard to explain, except that this sort of thing has happened since I was tiny (abuse) & so "not knowing" has always been survival for me.
    I've been working w/ a counselor for 3 yrs now. Will let her know what realizations I've come to & we will set a time to work on this.

Just FYI, after writing last night, I went to sleep & dreamed, & what came up was memory stuff... okay, if you are a lil girl, & you go to sleep, & bad things happen to you by your parents, & then you wake up, & life is really bad/yucky too, then you learn a few things (right?) ...the "dream" was bad, "waking" is bad ...nothing is real! I'm not real! I'm only an illusion that will fade with time - hopefully!! So "I" am not real ...but everywhere I look is a mirror w/ more bad images... none of those are real either!! We'll be fine... calling my counselor 2day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Aug. 20, 2009