Gays?

Is there any gay moms on here? Or is that a bad question to ask. I don't want to be judged, but I have a child and I feel I am .. well, goin that way (gay) or already there, but I don't know how to tell my family or how to deal with it, and most importantly, I wonder how to deal with it with a child. For example, I don't want him getting picked on growing up or anything like that... or even him having a grudge towards me because of it. Or him being confused on what he is suppose to do when old enough as far as him being with a girl or boy type thing. He is only 4 now.. but I still worry!!! Advice would be great, but like I said, please don't judge me... : / And I didn't mean to offend anyone if I did!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• do what you need to do to be happy, if women make you happy be with a woman, your kid is not going to turn gay...lol my cousins adopted moms are obviously moms so their gay and he's straight as can be, no doubts there.

Do what feels right. Take it like you would anyone else, date and dont bring women home too soon, etc. you know just be a good mommy.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• NewLifeLive.com
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:56 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I'd like to ask you how you feel you're "going gay"? Either you're already are and have to just come out with it, or you're not. I'm not trying to be rude. I have a gay brother. I believe being homosexual is something you're born with, not something you just decide to do some day. Think about it. Why would anyone choose such a difficult lifestyle when it's basically chastised by society?

If you're coming to terms with being gay, then I say embrace it. Why deny what comes naturally to you?
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 1:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Well, I did mess with girls long before boys, and I have just always considered myself bisexual, but more and more time goes by, and I argue with myself constantly that I am gay and in denial, and I think I'm just scared.I tried not being interested in girls, and it doesnt work... and like I said, more and more time goes by and I seem more and more interested in girls, to where I'm almost to the point that the thought of a girl being with a guy sexual is kinda ... gross in a sense to me, not to be rude or offend anyone once again, at all. But... like I said, my concern is how to deal with it with a child and a family that I know loves me but I know they would be against it and angry with me.. for a long time too I'm sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• You should be very concerned, our children depend on us to lead and guide them to a healthy life, when you decided to have children, your life is not all about you anymore.

Read the Holy Bible, your struggles are in there, right along with the answers that you so desparetly need to all of your questions.

Seek God!
    AUniqueMom

Answer by AUniqueMom at 2:19 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• if no one else supports you, I do, and Im sure there are many out there who do too, and know what you're going thru. Dont be scared to be you.

PM me if you want.

oh im not gay or bi...I just know many people who came out to me first before anyone else and I know how hard it is to be by their side so I could only imagine what its like to be the person who is scared/nervous of being truthfu about who they are.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• what the hell freaken bible thumpers on here! she not asking what god thinks about it she asking about her son. do what makes you happy and your son will be happy. live for you and your son and forget the rest. there are soooo many gay couples raising childeren now days that grow up to be just fine
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 2:41 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• U know I look at it like this you love who u love no matter race, male/female or age.. I have been with woman, I have been with men, I have dated younger and dated older its a matter of the person.. anyways when ur son is growing up just be open and honest with him about everything from a young age..and he will come to u if he is gay and if he does then worry about what ur family says then
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 3:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• 2mothershelpers, not everyone shares your opinion. Did you ever think she might not be religious? I really can't stand that stupid line "God loves the sinner hates the sin". That's a bunch of crap. I'm sure if you had a gay child you'd probably tell them to deny what comes naturally? That's disgusting. One can't help who they're sexually attracted to. Open your mind and think about it from a physiological point, not just religious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• You just have to be yourself...that's all you can be. :) I'm sorry to hear that your family wouldn't be supportive of you, but they may come around in time. As far as your son, well as long as you are happy and secure with yourself I'm sure he'll be fine. Like miss nevin said, just be open and honest with him.

If there are PFLAG meetings (Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) in your area you may want to go to them. They are a great support system for gays/lesbians/bi and their family. If you're not familiar with PFLAG you can check out their website here

Just ignore those ladies who are being judgemental. Take care and I wish you all the best.

AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 3:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2009