Parents 25th anniversary coming up and im broke!

My wedding is in 2 weeks so im really tight on money, but i feel horrible bcuz there 25th anniversary is the week before (so in 1 week) I wanted to send them somewhere or have a big party for them at a nice place but honestly I dont know how. I still want to make it special for them though, becuase they are investing a lot of time and money as well in my wedding and I hate for them to not be able to celebrate because of me. I could probably use some of the money for the wedding on their anniversary and use some of the money we get from the wedding for the wedding but I dont know what to do that isnt crazy expensive. Any ideas?!

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 2:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Holidays

• get them a class at the YMCA
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:36 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Are any of their wedding guests or members of the wedding party in the area? You could do a "no host" dinner at a local restaurant (everyone pays for their own meal) & you could pick up the tab for your parents. A week isn't a lot of time to plan something like that, though. Maybe the best thing to do right now is to send them a lovely card & flowers & let them know how much you love them & thank them for all the help & support they are giving you. Then in 6 months or so, when your finances & life are more settled, you can throw them a party or send them on a weekend trip. Congrats to them & to you as well!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 3:33 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i'm coming up on a 25th wedding anniversary and i can honestly say a gift from my children would not make our break the occassion. get them one really special card and spend a day with them of their choosing. it's not about gifts, and you are the child here, not one of the spouses. so please give yourself a break on the gifties, i'm sure your parents aren't looking for anything special from you at this time.
    make a special announcement or toast at your wedding recognizing their 25th wedding anniversay with a special song and dance just for them from the DJ. Ask your photographer to include photos of them dancing set apart from the wedding photos to signify the anniversary.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:45 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I think you should have a special dance for them at your wedding.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Cauliflower makes a great gift!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• If you want to have a party, maybe you could ask everyone to bring a dish. Make them a guest book, that people could write there special memories in or include a picture in. You could have it at a local park. :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2009

• Our 25th came and went with absolutely NO fanfare. I was a little sad, but we didn't have any money to celebrate and neither did my children. One lives out of state and the other is paying her own way through college and planning a wedding. It would have been nice had someone acknowledged it as a special anniversary, but what's done is done. I am hoping to plan a special trip with my husband for the 30th, or possibly somewhere in between. I really like ria7's answer about having a special dance for them at your wedding reception. This could be a big surprise and you will already have all their loved ones present for the occasion.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:35 PM on Aug. 27, 2009