I have begun to shed my hair now 4 months post partum. When will this stop or what do you recommend doing to prevent anymore hair loss. :)

ninawiseman87

Asked by ninawiseman87 at 2:24 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• comb your hair more and eat healthy more vegetables less stress!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It's completely normal. There is nothing you can do about it. You are losing hair because you had a baby. Your hair stopped growing because you had a baby so now it is falling out. If it continues after your baby's first birthday then see a specialist.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• You are not going to get the hair to stop falling out. My doctor says that a lot of women stop losing their hair while pregnant (you naturally lose so much every day) and around 3-4 months PP all that hair that your body wouldn't let go of starts falling out. In a month or so it will level off back to the amount you used to lose daily before you were pregnant. Comb or brush your hair to help it out and speed up the process. If there is something else giong on other then normal PP hair loss it could be caused by diet or stress, but most likely it is just normal PP hair loss.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Ug, I'm going through the same thing. My son's 4 months and my hair just keeps comeing out! lol I hate it.
    BrodysMama417

Answer by BrodysMama417 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• my hair kept falling out even after baby turned one, i cut all my hair off, mabe if ur using hair ties use a srunchy instead
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:48 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Happening to me, too. It started happening a few weeks back and seems to have stopped now at 5.5mos. PP.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009