reasking the swadeling question....

Maybe i asked it funny before. The problem here isn't that she is cold. My baby is 4 months old. Always slept swadeled cause she liked it. Now she wants her arms out which is fine. But now she is waking HER SELF up in the middle of the night with her OWN arms cause they arent tucked in. I was just wondering if anyone knew of an easy transition way to go from sleeping swadeled with arms down to arms out and not waking her self up rubbing her face and all. I don't know if that makes a little more sense or not. Please let me know if im being unclear. Thank you :)

ninawiseman87

Asked by ninawiseman87 at 2:42 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get her sleapier,lol this is only the start!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:48 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It sounds clear to me, but I really have no idea. My dd never allowed herself to be swaddled and always pulled her arms out since the day she was born. We used mittens for a short period of time because of her rubbing her face but never woke herself up from it... idk if your dd is too old for those? GL!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:48 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• If her arms are going to be out, she has to get used to them being out. That's all there is to it. Just like when they start rolling in their sleep, they have to get used to sleeping in a different position. It's new and takes some getting used to. That's all.

I had a heck of a time when my boys started rolling onto their backs in their sleep! It took a good couple of weeks for them to get used to it before I could stop rolling them back over! lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:05 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• We started laying our babies on their sides... I know back to sleep, but it worked for them. They now can roll over on their own and they prefer to sleep on their stomachs... They startle themselves less that way. We swaddled our's until they were around 4-5 months. That was the best thing! I know you say she's not cold, but maybe she doesn't like what she's sleeping in. With our's DS likes his onesie and DD likes her long sleeper. He's more hot natured and she's cold natured. We also use a light receiving blanket over each of them. I also might suggest a humidifier or some sort of light noise maker like a radio on static very low. I know they sleep a little deeper if there is something to block out other noises. GL!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 9:08 AM on Aug. 20, 2009