what will happen if i eat before i get induced??

I'm at the hospital right now and am super hungry. The nurse tell me don't eat but what will really happen if I eat?

tremother23

Asked by tremother23 at 3:19 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They are trying to keep your stomach empty in case you need a c-section. I don't agree with this practice b/c I believe that not eating can seriously weaken a person & how can you have the most intense workout of your life with no fuel? If you are very hungry & feeling sick, you need to talk to a doctor & see if they will allow you to have something. Good luck & Congratulations!!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 3:21 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• You might poop.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 3:25 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• They should allow you to have a soup, or some kind of liquid thats what they did with me and i ended up with an emergancy csetions due to fetal distress
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:25 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I didn't eat and i pooped. Ya speak to the doctor a preggo women is no one to mess with at least when i was preggo Congrats mama
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:28 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Thanx so much..I'm just so hungry..I'm starving
    tremother23

Answer by tremother23 at 3:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I thought there was no harm in my having a little tiny bowl of Cheerios before I got induced (the baby was hungry)! and well yeah a few hours later i POOPED, :(
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 3:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• For god sakes feed your body. This is a practice to reduce the risk of asphyxiation if you have to go under anesthesia. There is nothing about a normal labor and birth that should prevent you from giving yourself energy. If nothing else, try a soup or drink some Emergen-C (a Vitamin C energy powder that you mix with water) or a protein smoothie for energy.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:36 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I would stick to liquids if you do. I was allowed to eat the night before mine, but was todl until the babies were born I would be on clear liquids. But the chance of a c-section was high because I had pre-e and twins always carry a risk of a c-sec. Well I ended up needing an emergency one that night and ended up puking everything I ate.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 5:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• You might vomitt.
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 7:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I didnt eat the day that I went into labor with baby #3, I felt so sick I didnt even want to anyway. I just drank fluids, and I am glad that I didnt eat, because I ended up needing an emergency csection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2009