how do i get my daughter to sleep at the same time every night?

my daughter would not sleep without me, it wasnt always like this, she used to go to bed herself at 7:30pm every night, no later than 8:00pm. Now at 4 yrs old, im having a problem putting her to sleep before me, she refuses to sleep and would actually rather fall asleep satnding up than to go to bed with out me. Is this my fault and what can i do to help this situation, it is really starting to get crazey, so much that i find myself scolding her....i feel bad but im so frustrated and i know it's wrong to send her to sleep crying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would suggest being very consistent and patient. Establish a bed time routine. Maybe you can bathe her at 7:00 then read to her. This will give her a little bit of time to settle down. When you are done reading, kiss her goodnight and leave the room. If she gets up, make her go right back to bed. You will probably have to do this several times over the next few days, but if you are anything like me, you need that little bit of time between your daughter's bed time and your own. If you are married, your relationship will greatly benefit, and if you aren't, you need and deserve the alone time. Good luck to you! I've been through it, and it sucks. The first few days will be trying for you and her, but it will get better. Hugs!
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 6:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• why is it wrong to send her to sleep crying put your foot down and get her in the bed and if she is taking naps cut those out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• You can't make her sleep at a certain time. You can put her to bed at a certain time. When she actually falls asleep is up to her and her body.

Put her in her bed, kiss her good night and walk out of her room. She's 4 and barring any developmental delays or disorders, she should be going to sleep/bed by herself by now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Aug. 20, 2009