How do I fit feeding sauce in my 11 month old's schedule?

My daughter is 11 months old. She is finally able to eat sauce like apple, carrot, etc. She has been drinking formula all until now. Today her formula feedings are four hours apart, with four feedings a day of about 29 ounce per day. I am not sure where to fit her sauce feeding. Should I skip one formula feeding? Will she survive? Until one year of age, formula or breast milk should be primary as they say. So where do I fit the food? Any suggestions please. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What time do YOU eat your meals. That's when she should have hers. Unless you want to have to retrain her for her meals later.

Sit her down, give her her meal and let her have formula with it. (you have a drink with your meals, don't you?)

Just remember the goal is for her to eat table foods, balanced diet and whatever schedule you're going to have her meals on. That's what you work toward.

I'm assuming since you're just starting her now on baby food that there is some medical reason (since you say "finally") I hope it's resolved soon and everything is okay!

Keep her on formula until she's on real food...or whatever your pediatrician has you doing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• hmm... well, has she had a sippy cup with formula in it? if she has, you can just feed her baby food and put the sippy cup with formula as her drink. it might even help make it easier to get her off the bottle when she turns one. the more baby food she has throughout the day the better off she'll be. and when she gets that established, she'll be able to sleep through the night. if she has a balanced diet through the day, she should be sleeping through the night without waking up. so try to make it to where when shes thirsty, she drinks her formula. when she hungry, she eats. but start out slowly, and then the more she gets accustomed to it, the better off itll be for her, and you
    GL
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 9:27 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I gave foods just before the bottle. Let eat a little then finish up with the bottle. The amount of milk shouldn't change, just add some foods too. I did it aroudn the time I would eat too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2009