What does My husband mean when he says this?

I am 9 months pregnant, and have been in early labor going on 8 days now. Go Me! ;) Well during love making, he said I felt different, I thought maybe He meant because I am pregnant, but he said I felt hard? What could that be? I know the cervix is opening/ dilating so that it can thin it's self out and rippen the cervix.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 6:27 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'm not sure you should be having sex if you are in early labor that can cause an infection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Educate yourself much anon?

It's not the cervix - the cervix actually softens and shortens in preparation for the baby to pass through. This is just an educated guess - but it is mostly likely the uterus he's feeling. I think it's very possible, also, that the muscles in and around that area are tense and that could be giving him the 'sensation'. It very well could be that both the uterus and vaginal muscles are not returning to their "usual" state of relaxation between contractions.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:30 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• anon- it can only cause infection if your water has already broken.
    OP- it probably means that your getting ready to go into active labor. Your baby's head could be descended really low and sitting right at the cervix, and I'm sure your hubby would be able to feel that since normally during sex the cervix is pliable and stretches. If its thinned out (Im assuming your the same poster who was 80% effaced?) then chances are its not stretching anymore and he's hitting the baby's head (kinda.. there's still some stuff between it)
    Watch yourself carefully, time your contractions, and if you feel too horrible, head to the hospital.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:01 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Sounds he might be feeling the tightness of your muscles, or the babies head.

Hope your delivery goes safe and fast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2009