I am 80% effacing what cm dialted should I be?

What if I am 100 % by now, DR. told me and My partner to have sex if we wanted to help process My early labor, this is my 8th day in early labor. My husband said My vagina felt very hard, what does that mean? I am nervous because now I am in a lot of pain, lower back, contractions My whole belly, and I have pain in My vagina everywhere.

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 6:45 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yeah everyone is diffrent and it all depends on your body. You can be 100% effaced and not even dilate. I was 1 cm for two months and 0% effaced so.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 7:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Being effaced just means that your cervix is thinning out. I am guessing that the baby was "right there" since you are so effaced and is what made your vagina feel "hard". Sex can help speed labor along, but if you are uncomfortable with it then I wouldn't bother. You may be starting to dilate. It varies for everyone, but what is helpful is trying to relax. I hope you get to meet that little one soon! It sounds like your labor is progressing and could be what is causing your pain.
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 9:35 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• if ur having really painful contractions that you can't walk or talk through, its time to go to the hospital. You may not dialate until after you finish effacing.. or you could be dialating already. Either way the contractions are the way to tell if its time to go!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 20, 2009