Has anyone have started the flu vaccine schedule with your children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hell no...the regular one is too unnecessary and the H1N1 is too experimental
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 10:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• What do you mean flu vaccines schedule? The flu vaccine is given every year with what they THINK is going to be the predominant strains of the flu that year. There is no schedule that I know of other then they recommend starting at 6 months old and having it in October every year. Personally I will never get the flu vaccine for my children because it still has mercury in it and they are guessing at what will be the predominant strains. That just worries me. It has also not been tested on children under the age of 12 years, but they are recommending it to be used on them.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• One trial will enroll up to 650 children aged six months to 17 years in six U.S. cities who will get either a large or small dose of H1N1 vaccine in two shots three weeks apart. A second trial will give children Sanofi's H1N1 vaccine before, after or at the same time as the seasonal flu vaccine.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32479400/ns/health-swine_flu/

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• wow they have flu shots available already here in my area.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• nope i won't because he already had the swine flu so whats the need in it if he already had it
    Missy_Dye

Answer by Missy_Dye at 10:48 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• If you choose to vaccinate, have your doctor order single dose preservative free vaccine; the vaccine has mercury/thimerisol

Answer by rkoloms at 10:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Nope I won't let my kids get the flu vaccine. Since mercury is in the vaccine I don't feel it is safe.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yea why not let your kid be a guinea pig for testing new shots.. NO THANK YOU!
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Oh and btw, just like with any other flu vaccine i'm sure just because you get the vaccination doesn't mean you won't get the virus (And no it doesnt automatically mean if you do get it it won't be as severe JUST because you had the vaccination) so what's the point?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:19 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Nope, not the regular flu vax or the swine flu, no one will be injecting my kids.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2009