WHy can't all people think this way?

Words from a Muslim woman working here in NC...."We are all together. We are all brothers and sisters. I believe we need to be there for each other, because that is what God wants us to do.No matter our beliefs, we are to love one another."

She was speaking about her free clinic she opened here, and how it serves everyone in the community. I thought it was interesting that she was so full of love and acceptance for all people, of all beliefs. Isn't that what God should instill in his/her people, love and respect and peace?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 8:52 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because some people feel better about themselves when they think they are better than everyone else.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Ia but I think it's more than that. I think some people must feel such a heavy weight on their shoulders when they are carrying the burden of "God". ANd I think that burden becomes so great that they become bitter, and angry. And while they think they are living and speaking for their God, they have become twisted in their ways.
    I think they become so lost, that they can't even see outside of themselves, and it does a GREAT disservice to themselves and the God they supposedly serve.
    IDK, I find it to be very sad though. Especially when I hear woman like above, who spoke with such love and patience and tolerance. It was refreshing.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I agree with this, even though it will never happen.
    Still, a nice story to wake up to!
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 9:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It is a beautiful thought, I agree. But, it will probably never happen. Not with the evil in the world we have today. People have gotten so far from God, and what He wants for us,that unless we turn back to Him as one united front, that statement will never come to be. And, I agree,it's sad. However, I do disagree with you. Having God in my life is not a "burden." In fact, having God in my life is the only thing that's gotten me through this last year. Were it not for Him, I would still be locked in a world of unbearable physical pain, unable to do anything but sit and suffer. Because of Him,and the miracle healing He gave me, I'm 180 degrees from where I was. I know you think I'm "brainwashed." I'm not, I'm BLOODWASHED! Big difference.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It can't be that way because then this forum would become intolerably dull, it would eventually be abandoned, and then Satan could take it over & use it as a portal to Hell.

So, you see, we are saving the world by not agreeing.  :-P

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• If only we COULD all be like that. She is a true inspiration and a Woman of God.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• thats beautiful! she is a very wise woman and when all the foolish ppl are gone maybe we can live like that!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:43 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Isn't that what God should instill in his/her people, love and respect and peace? YES IT IS, THIS IS WHAT EVERYONE SHOULD DO, BUT SOME LET THEIR ARROGANCE AND THEIR HOLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDES GET IN THE WAY. BUT WE STILL HAVE PEOPLE LIKE STYMEN WHO'S STRONG FAITH LEADS HER THERE. HOPE IS THE ONE THING I HAVE LOTS OF.

Answer by older at 11:00 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Thank you so much, Older, I love you too sweetie!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• stvmen88: I don't think you are 'brainwashed". Please don't think that about me. I respect your beliefs and I know that God can be a wonderful source of light and love and uplifting when one needs it. THAT is what is beautiful about beliefs. What I meant about it becoming a burden to SOME was; I think some people take this idea of them being Gods "warriors" to the point of detriment.
    It becomes their sole purpose instead of investing in their hearts, and the love that they say their God wants to share with them. It becomes such a burden to bear for them, to "get the word out" that they will not falter one iota to what they consider, "beneath Gods word." When in fact their bitterness to this burden becomes to show through. One cannot spread love and light when carrying the weight of a God on their shoulders. And they shouldn't have too.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 20, 2009