What is the best carseat for a 1-year-old?

SlightlyPerfect

Asked by SlightlyPerfect at 9:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There's no one answer here. It's the seat that fits your child and your car, that's properly installed, and properly buckled once the child is in it.

I know that probably doesn't help much, but depending on the size and shape of your child, the car seat my daughter likes may not be one your child fits in. At one, I would recommend a convertable car seat. IF you are forward facing already, you cna get some nice ones that just go forward and booster. If still withing size limits to rear face (it's considered safest to rear face as long as possible), there are many great RF then FF combo seats.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• my daughter has britax and evenflo triumph. I love both of them. I would stay away from costco. My daughter has a costco booster in her grandmothers car and I hate it. The straps dont stay on her sholders and if i tighten them more my daughter cries that it hurts her legs.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I actually have costcos in my car, my hubby's and my moms. My dad got an eddie bauer for his, which is from the same manufactuer (dorel juvenile group). I did have a problem with one pinching her legs and I contacted the company (DJG) and they sent me a new crotch strap free of charge and I have not had a problem since.

I'm not saying get this brand, just that it is a good seat and they have good customer service.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• we use the costco convertibel car seats since birth Hot off teh presses teh newest recommendation is to keep your baby rear facing till he or she is TWO adn teh costco convertible seats allow for this they run $45-$55 at your local walmart and can be used up to 45 pounds (talk about getting your moneys worth!) they are easy to install and I have heard hold up well in crashes it also comes in a pretty pink for your stylish toddler or navy blue for your handsome dude
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 11:54 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• oh the costcos are also lightweight adn fairly compact (it fits in teh back of my saturn rear facing) so they are pretty easy to move to other vehicles if need be
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 11:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I have a Graco Nautilus. It is a 3in1 that goes up to 65lbs harnessed and 100lbs booster. I love it. However it is only a front facing seat and a bit pricey.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I have the britax marathon and my son loves it ! its a little pricey almost 300 i think but its top rated and super safe !
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 22, 2009