I want to be the one to end things....

I found out last night that the guy I've been seeing did some pretty crappy things to his ex girlfriend. I found this out from his best friend who is dating a good friend of mine. I asked him (the friend) how my BF's last relationship ended because of some things going on in our relationship and he basically told me that my BF just started being mean to his ex and ignoring her and eventually she stopped calling him. So now I have noticed a pattern with him, he's been kind of mean to me lately and he's been acting weird, his friend said thats how he acted when he was "done" with her. So I want to be the one to end things, problem is, I really do care a lot about him. We don't have a "serious" relationship, but I thought we could at one time. I don't like the thoughts of him being with someone else, but I just have a feeling if I don't end it, I"m going to end up like the ex....help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Well end it then. If the friends is right. Your Boyfriend is trying to end it anyways. Or just confront your boyfriend about the way he is acting.

Answer by louise2 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I would confront him and if he is ending it, then tell him to be a man and do it, don't pussy foot around. And then tell him you are threw. Then make it a clean break, that will be the hard part. You deserve a man you wants to be with you and is man enough to admit how he feels. He sounds like a chicken poo.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:45 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I think you are a wise woman. If he values your relationship he'll try to fix things but if this is a pattern with him then you were smart to get out. Treating women poorly isn't a good characteristic for a man even if it's only at the end of a relationship

Answer by admckenzie at 10:16 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I guess I know what I need to do, it's just hard sometimes coming out of a divorce, after taking time for myself I'm ready to be in a relationship again, but I don't want to be in one like this. It's become where I'm starting to feel like a weekend fling and I don't want that for myself. Thanks Ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Aug. 20, 2009