My son peed in his bed... how do you get the smell out?

So we are potty training and my son had an accident last night. I didn't think it was a big deal until I realized my wonderful DH didn't put the waterproof cover on. I'm not sure how to clean a mattress and make sure it doesn't smell. Anyone know?

Thanks so much!!

momof2cuteboys

Asked by momof2cuteboys at 9:29 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• if you happen to have a rug cleaner shampooer this wrks great if not... try this take 1-2 big towels & and some type of lg sponge or better yet a washcloth/ a bucket with clean warm water with a bit of fabric softener & an empty spray bottle-

add 1tbs of baking soda and fill 1/2 way w/ warm-hot water then add 1-2 tbs of Clorox bleach spray the area and immediately start to rub area w/ rag or sponge , rinse with clean water and repeat as many times you need /then place towels and walk on them to absorb wetness if is possible take mattress out side let it air dry

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 10:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2009