What to do about this toothache!!?!

Im 34 weeks,1day along...and abotu two weeks ago this tooth of mine hurt every day/night, but it stopped hurting up until this morning about 3:30 am when it decided to wake me up! What would be my best option? I took off work today its so bad =/ Should i call the dentist and jsut ask for some antibiotics to kill the infection, go ahead and insist they do some work on it, or jsut take a lortab and go to sleep?! What would you do? Of course I will call my OB first and see what they say, but jsut curious!

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 9:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would make an appointment with the dentist to see what you are up against...a cavity or something else!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• if its an infection get the antibiotics.. other than that I' not really sure. I had the same issue when I was preg. the pain came off and on.. I don't really know how I dealt.. but I did
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:07 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• clove oil or vanillia extract dip it in a qtip and rub it around the area that hurts, it will relieve the pain until you get to a doctor. and definately make an appt. tooth infections can do some damage to more than your tooth and gums.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• an ice pack on your face will help untill you can get to the denist
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• well this is what my dentist told me when i had a cavity while pregnant, they give you a surenge that has a curve on it, and they tell you to put mouthwash in it and to clean out our tooth as soon as your done eating.. on top of that, floss everyday, floss after every meal if you really want to, but me i floss everyday before bed.. and i also use mouthwash everyday.. if your cavity, if that is what it is, is not that far along you can take care of it and get rid of it with out the heafty bill.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 12:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I would call the dentist to see what they have to say.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009