Lockerbie bober released, feelings about this?

Why does he deserve compassion?
Is it acceptable as it will improve relations between two countries?

240 lives were taken by this man, why is it ok that he go home and be with his family before he dies, they didn't get to see theirs before he killed them???

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:00 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am furious. I do not believe in compassionate release. I haev about as much compassion for him as he did for the passengers on that plane. I knew someone personally from my hometown who died in that crash. :(
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 10:03 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• This is so fucking stupid. I'm outraged.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

I don't understand HOW this would seem OK to anyone????? So sad

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

For once, I agree!

sweet-a-kins

• My feelings are he should deffinitely not be released he should have to serve out his sentence.Or maybe he should of been givin the DP years ago
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:09 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I didn't realize that the Scots were so compassionate. I certainly don't understand this line of thought and my heart goes out to the friends and families that lost loved ones due to this man's actions. I would imagine it's almost like losing them again. He is a monster and the only good thing about this is that he has terminal cancer (I don't say these things often, I don't want Karma to rear her ugly head on me, but this one is deserved). What a horrible excuse for flesh.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• This is f***ing ridiculous. Infuriating.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:24 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I understand everyones frustration, as he served 8 years of a life sentence.

However.

The man, even on his death bed, has maintained that he is innocent.

If they are so sure that he was the one responsible for the bombing, why did it take 12 years for them to bring him to justice? I am always skepticle when it takes them a really long time to solve a case, and then all of a sudden they pull a man out of nowhere.

Also, his trial seemed fishy. If it were here in the US, hew would have most certainly have won. His accusers didn't have to testify? BULLSHIT. In such a high profile, high stakes case, if you arent willing to be under oath, under cross examination, and face the person you are accusing, then maybe you shouldn't be making those accusations.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 10:40 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• We all want closure, and we all want people to answer for their crimes, BUT the RIGHT people, the ones who actually committed the crime. And there is a lot of doubt on this case, he might have won the appeal anyway.

SRiveroC

• He deserves to rot and die alone. There was no compassion for those who died on the plane there should be none for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2009