Baby stayingi up

I have a 7 week old he is up most of the day starting at 8am to 5pm, he takes kitty naps like 10 -20 minutes in between. Is that normal? I know infants need to sleep 15-16 hours, but it is getting roughly 11 hours. What can I do to make him sleep more?

melody1881

Asked by melody1881 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Different babies have different sleep needs.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• "MOST" babies are good sleepers having 15-16 hours - however my son only slept maybe 10 hours as an infant - he took those 20 minute catnaps also which can really be frustrating cause they aren't long enough to get a break or do anything.... I was told that if they get less than 8 hours then to bring them in for consultation but there are high and low extremes on how much babies sleep and my son just happened to be on the extreme low end...he still doesn't like to sleep at 21 months but I think he actually gets more now than when he was an infant!!! good luck mama!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2009