Trying to manipulate the vote?

BOSTON (Aug. 20) -- A cancer-stricken Sen. Edward M. Kennedy has written a poignant letter to Massachusetts leaders asking that they change state law to allow a speedy replacement of him in Congress

http://news.aol.com/article/sen-ted-kennedys-replacement-in-congress/631210

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Or... he knows his time is about up?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:09 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• His time was up a long time ago.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Kennedy is living on borrowed time, that's for sure.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Its sad to see some seem so happy that this man is dying
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I read this...it seems very fishy.

The letter acknowledges the state changed its succession law in 2004 to require a special election within five months to fill any vacancy. At the time, legislative Democrats -- with a wide majority in both chambers -- were concerned because then-Republican Gov. Mitt Romney had the power to directly fill any vacancy created as Democratic Sen. John Kerry ran for president

So once again they want to change the rules so that it suits their purpose.  I wish I could do that! But Officer NOW the speed limt sign says 80mph...I changed it so I could go that fast!"...yeah, don't think it would work.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• " Its sad to see some seem so happy that this man is dying "

Who is happy, anon?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Anon...are being intentionally stupid or does it come really naturally? They were talking about his time in OFFICE!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Oh, like anyone is going to decline a dying man's wish. They will chalk it up to his lifetime of servitude to the people of Mass. and pass it without nary a peep from Republicans, because after all, they don't need them. Cheating is only ok if it's Democrats doing it. I would love to see the libs defend this. If you are liberal and are ok with this, would you be ok with it if it were a Republican asking for the same consideration?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• LOL momof- I was talking about his time in LIFE. I still dont see where anonymous got the impression we were "happy" about him dieing, though. Loony bat.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:32 AM on Aug. 20, 2009