how do you get pee out of a sofa?

i have a micro fiber pull out couch that my daughter sleeps on she has a pee problem she will piss on her self during the da @ night whenever! its something that we are working on it just seems to gt worse "oh did i mention she is 5" the doectors said thier is nothjing wrong with her but i think it is she pisses all day every day!!! any way she pissed te bed "couch" so bad that the smell is making me crazy. its tinking up the whole house. so would a staem cleaner work? or something like a rug cleaner do it?

jaidah917

Asked by jaidah917 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• u know for u to ask this now is kinda weird wtf have u been doing just letting the piss dry? bc thats what is sounds like. and if u have ur nasty that can get the kid sick. PUT DOWN A DAMN PISS MAT if u know this happens. second if u have a hose and a yard spray the hell out of them and leave them in the sun to dry then sray them with lysol rub them down and spray with lysol again and leave out in the sun again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• we have a micro fiber sofa as well and while we haven't had any of our kids to have an accident on it we do have a doggie who likes to lay on the sofa every so often and I would grow tired of always cleaning up her fur and trying to get the smell out. We have a stem cleaner as well and it would work for a while but I found that we were only cleaning the soiled spot(s) and it would be more effective it the entire cushion would be cleaned.
    My husband removed the actual covers of the cushion and threw them in the wash and in the dryer on low dry. While the covers were being cleaned we would spray the actual cushion with Fabreez and stand 'em up so that they could air properly.

HTH's.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• WOW, ANON - who the heck PISSED in your coffee this morning. That was just uncalled for. Betcha wouldn't say those words again showing your face for everyone to see who you really are.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• here here ladybug.!! it was uncalled for. well my dd is a lil older but has a the same problm only diffrence is its night time here she has been to many doctors and all say shes healthy and just needs her bladder to mature and she will grow out of it. ( guessing there not helping with the laundry ) i have stoped drink intake at 6pm shes on a medication for her proublm which dont work and she even wears pull ups at night there are good nights and bad nights.so almost everyday i use baken soda and water make a past and rub it on let it dry and vaccum up. also fabreese helps. and viniger for any bacteria. its a challange and i pray for the day she is able to stop ( doc also said she is such a deep sleeper that her brain dosent alert her when she has to pee ) also if your gonna have a nice day take mattrace outside for the day to air out..keep strong and see it might not be all her doing..good luck **hugs**
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• have you tried those cleaners for pet urine? they have certain chemical that works with protein. one thing i found that works on urine smell is odeban and is sold at sam's club. in our old house we had the wall length windows that were 5 inches above the baseboards and left the windows open and had a tom cat come on our porch and sprayed into the boys room ugg that was nasty so i used odeban and soaked the area and then steamed cleaned it then sprayed odeban again and the smell was gone. the odeban aslo kills 99% of germs viruses and bacteria i use it on everything
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:56 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• TO THE 1ST REPLY!! 1ST OF LET ME TELL U SOMETHING U STUPID BITCH! NO 1 EVER SAID I LET IT DRY SHE HAS CHUCKS THAT GOES UNDERNEATHER HER & SHE WEARS DIAPERS SO U NEED TO WATCH WHO THE HELL YOU TALKIN TO CUZ U GOT THE RIGHT ONE....I DONT KNOW IF U DIDNT GET ANY DICK TODAY BUT BEFORE U CAN MAKE A REPLY BACK TO ANY ONE YOU BETTER THINK TWICE ABOUT WHAT U SAY.... MISERABLE BITCH
    jaidah917

Answer by jaidah917 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• NOW BACK TO ALL THE WONDERFUL LADIES THAT ARE TRYING TO HELP! MY DAUGHTER WEARS DIAPERS SHE HAS CHUCKS THAT GO UNDERNEATH HER & WE HAVE EVEN STOPPED HER FROM DRINKING ANYTHING AFTER 7PM & SHE STILL WETS THE BED NOW KEEP IN MIND THAT IT ALL GOES THRU ALL THE PADDING & DIAPERS PLUS I WAKE HER UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO USE THE BATHROOM! I COULD WASH MY WHOLE SOAFA DOWN WITH EVERYTHING MENTIONED &THE SMELL IS STILL THIER!!! SO WHAT IVE DONE SO FAR WAS WASH THE SOFA DRY IT & NOW IVE PUT PLASTIC ON IT. ITS JUST COVERING THE SMELL I WANNA GET IT OUT SO I WAS WONDERING WOULD A STEAM CLEANER HELP TAKE THE SMELL & STAINS THATIS IMBEDED IN THE SOFA OUT???
    jaidah917

Answer by jaidah917 at 1:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Yes a steam cleaner should help remove the smell and stains. It may take more then one time but it should work. I use my steam cleaner on my sofa when my son has an accident. The Rug Doctor is what I use in my steam cleaner and it so far has worked the best.
    Good Luck to you!
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 3:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• lighthouse98 thank you soo much im gonn go & buy one right now!would any one know which steam cleaner is the best?
    jaidah917

Answer by jaidah917 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I bought a "to go" steam cleaner. It's called green machine. I love it! It's perfect for sofas, stairs, small area rugs. I've had it for about 8 yrs now. I don't think I could live with out it. I had a full size steam cleaner and it was a pain to use.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 21, 2009