How many of you experienced A LOT of pain when getting your membrains stripped?

if so, was it worth it, did it work?
Im 39 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ITS NOT PAINFUL AT ALL AND IT'S WAY WORTH IT!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It wasn't pain really, just a lot of discomfort. It worked with my son but not my daughter
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• yes, I had my membranes scraped with both of my girls. It was painful the first time with my first child and it didn't work the first time either and I think it was because it was done by a mid wife who was new and hadn't had enough experience in doing it - but when my actual Dr. did it the 2nd time around it worked like a charm and put me into labor right away. Since it was my first child I still had a long while before I was ready to go to the actual hospital to deliver my daughter tho. I went to the movies, went home took a nap, watched 20/20 and then some of the Golden Girls before saying "okay I think we can go now".

With my 2nd daughter it worked the first time it was done. I went into labor and had her the very next morning. They wanted me to stay cuz they thought I would deliver ealier but I had taken chicken out of the freezer for dinner that night and I wanted to go home fry it and have a decent dinner. LOL
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I did not experience any pain from it at all. It was like a normal internal exam for me, it took minutes to do. But, it didn't do anything for me either. Was induced 3 weeks late.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• It was very painful for me, and did not work. I lost my mucus plug the same day as getting them stripped, and started to go into labor but then it stopped. I didn't deliver for one week afterwards, and that was after being induced at the hospital. I did not have my OB strip them again.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 20, 2009