Help! I have a huge tangle in some super cute yarn.

I have super cute yarn for a stuffed dragon pattern, and I tried using two strands -- pulling from the outside and the inside. And now I have the biggest knot, and I can't get it untangled. Is there a trick to this that I never learned along the way?

Asked by mama_kanga at 12:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I always just used my nails to loosen up the tightest part of the knot, then start at one end and un-weave the length of yard through the knot. Don't know if there are any 'secret' tips, but that usually works for me.

Answer by sapient at 12:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I do it the hard way I think, one little bit at a time. Good Luck!!

Answer by kt1120 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I usually use my nails, sometimes a smaller hook works too, but if all else fails I cut it and "repatch" it.

Answer by L.R.I.Ma at 2:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• you should be using two balls insteadof pulling fromboth ends at the same time...doing that will def. cause a mess.
    if you dont have two balls to work with, you can wind some from the one ball into a new ball and make two from one.

Answer by apunian at 4:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2008