How can i get rid of flees?

i have a friend that has tried all of the store brand flee foggers for flees and within less then 24 hours the flees are back. If there is way other then the store brand items to help get rid of flees i would very much like to know not only for me but for my friend. Home remadies are welcome

mom_in_need75

Asked by mom_in_need75 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Pets

• we use that carpet powder i think hartz makes it and do all carpets once a month and no fleas yet. if the foggers and stuff dont work might have to call in a profession and they arent really that expensive esp if you consider the cost of multiple do it your self treatments and with them in most cases its guaranteed so if it isnt resolved they will come in and redo with no cost
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I'm a vet tech and I would stay away from Hartz anything, I've seen too many seizures because of it. She has to treat the home and pets at the same time. She can get a Capstar from vet it's cheap n will kill all live fleas on pet within 30min. Then apply Frontline from vet. Don't waste money on store bought flea prev. for pets. The only way to keep them away is to eliminate their food source which r the pets. Use the Frontline once monthly year round, or at least six months because eggs will cont. to hatch after treatment because nothing can kill them in the pupa stage.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 1:09 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Diatomaceous Earth Powder and NuVET supplements will stop the fleas...

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Alternative-Medicine-Pets-3721/2009/3/fleas-Diatomaceous-Earth-canine.htm

**rubbing in the DE, backwards into their coats. (Backwards = against the way their fur grows.
    You want the DE on their skin.)

House - carpets - and pets :
    You need to sprinkle anything they can possibly live on with DE.  They are opportunists and will find everything you miss to start reproducing.  You gotta think like a flea:  "where can I hide
    where the DE or vacuum won't get me".  

nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 9:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I second lovinher's opinion I also work for a vet. the only difference is I would say advantage or comfortis over Frontline. ALL of them work well I just prefer advantage and comfortis. Good luck!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:51 PM on Aug. 21, 2009