What are healthy snacks that can just sit on the table all day?

I am trying to figure out things I can always available to my 16 month old bc he likes to eat little bits at a time rather than lots at one meal. But since he doesn't talk it has to be something he can see.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe Cheerios or Goldfish. I would say some fruit, but that really needs to be in the fridge.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 10:20 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• crackers too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• crystac is right...
    With my son I do chex mixes and he really loves dried fruit...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 10:23 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Well, one fruit that you can leave out for at least some extended periods of time is grapes. You can set them out for a while and if you suspect that they are too warm, have a second small bowl ready to go in the fridge that you can swap out with them. And I agree, cheerios and goldfish are a way to go as well. And try the different flavors of cheerios, not just the plain, for variety.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 10:25 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I don't know that I'd just leave the food out like that. Maybe just offer snacks more often that you can leave out for 20-30 minutes while he eats. Then clean up and offer agagin in about an hour. That way you still get to feed him more often but you can offer more variety w/o worrying about spoilage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• puffed rice

whole grain crackers

grapes

kiwi

tofu cubes

Answer by rkoloms at 11:06 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• i do grapes, but also she loves carrots, and celery (celery is chokable so be careful) umm she also like Life cereal. i usually leave a handful on her booster seat tray so she can grab a few whenever. (and its at her height so i don't have to worry about her climbing on a chair and falling off)
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 11:10 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• ohh peppers, red, green and yellow cut into slices. you would need to switch them out like the grapes but they are sweet and very healthy
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 11:11 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• About celery.....
    A little trick I learned is to string it. Take the backside and a knife and kind of shave or nick it and the strings that are the chokers peel right off. I do this with celery when i make tuna salad too. It keeps it from getting in my teeth!
    verygina

Answer by verygina at 12:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• apples grahm crackers gold fish dried fruit cereal
    ryansmommy07

Answer by ryansmommy07 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 22, 2009