Any job ideas?

Ok...so, I work in an office and I am completely bored out of my mind. I would love to work from home, so that I could spend more time with my son instead of having him in day care full time. The problem is that I don't really know much about working from home...how to go about it and what kind of jobs I can really do. Also, I get paid pretty good where I work and I need something that is not going to be too much of a pay cut because my husband and I just bought a house and have lots of bills.Any ideas or suggestions?

PassionateMom

Asked by PassionateMom at 10:24 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with three lines of business; I am doing lead generation for a sales and service organization; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:00 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I recently started working from home and I’m very happy with my decision!!! I work with a great team of Moms. We help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.

Visit me at:
    www.4MyFamilyandMe.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 12:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• http://www.scentsy.com/My2Scents
    Let me know if I can help with any questions.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 6:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Why do I get to work from home? Because I WANT to!!!
    I WANT to watch my child grow. I WANT to be there for my
    Husband. I WANT to be able to contribute to the household budget.
    After a lot of research, I found a great career! I came across a home-based business opportunity with no large investment, no inventory and no risk. I work from home with a company that manufactures products that we’re already buying elsewhere, but they are better, safer, healthier and more economical. We just help set up customer accounts and the company pays us to do so. It has benefited our family so much! And now I WANT to help you do the same. If you would like some more information, please feel free to ask me about how I made it happen for my family! www.MoreFreeTime.biz
    MakinMonyAtHome

Answer by MakinMonyAtHome at 3:54 PM on Aug. 21, 2009