Nuclear option...............

The dems are saying that they will push UHC through with 50 votes if they have too, if they don't get "bi-paartisan" support. How does this help ANYTHING? If you don't do what they want they will do it without you anyway. Against MOST Americans. This is getting NUTS and scary. The dems are blackmailing and rolling right over everyone and everything in their paths and don't care WHAT their constituents want! Do you think the nuclear option should BE an option??

The strategy, called "reconciliation," allows senators to get around a bill-killing filibuster without mustering the 60 votes usually needed. Democrats control 60 of the Senate's 100 seats, but two of their members -- Robert Byrd of West Virginia and Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts -- are seriously ill and often absent. And some moderate Senate Democrats have expressed reservations about the Democratic-backed health care overhaul plan.

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Their way, or the highway I see...\

http://standupforamerica.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/democratic_crybaby_seal.jpg

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:37 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Sorry, had to post this one too.. almost made me choke on my water!!!

http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/Hillary_Obama_Crybabies_500.jpg

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:38 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I have to wonder if there are 50 senators that would be willing to put their necks out for this. I know that there are some that serve large amounts of their own kind (Democrat), but there are plenty that have a nice mix of all parties in their territories. I would have thought had they had the support even with reconciliation they would have done it by now. never mind there is no pricetag, I guess that means we can call it worthless.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• You have a typographical error. IT should be Republican Party. And with your "party", it's pronounced Nu-cu-lear. And why would anyone believe a Fox News poll? Kind of frickin biased dontcha (palinesque) think?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Anon :46, that makes NO sense what so ever. How about you grow a spine?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:48 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

Translation:  I got nothing so I will throw out Palin's name and then make fun of how some pronounce a word.  (BTW, some of your own pronounce it that way too).

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• UHC is OFF the table! Single payer and Public Option are NOT the same thing. Please , I beg of you ladies to educate yourself before auto bashing

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:51 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• and its you people that are the cry babies

They aren't listening to ME....Wa WA...Let me call the WAMBULANCE , then a professor that can explain to you how a democracy works and that your ELECTED officials represent the American people and not just YOU
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Chicago style in the house.Bexi those pics are hilarious
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:53 AM on Aug. 20, 2009